Friday, August 18, 2006

Ok, so I'm aplogizing for yesterday's blog. DW tells me that I took my readers to "the scary place" and noone deserves that. Also, she thought I was past the whole "monkey" phase and now I have to see Dr. Jenny again and I'm only allowed to use plastic utensils. And there's a button on my desk I have to push every ten minutes or I get a shock.

So, I thought I'd discuss TV. Last night I watched the inaugural David Tench Tonight. It wasn't bad but I found that a talk show host that makes the talk show about themselves gets a bit annoying, even if they are rather funny. I think Andrew Denton is a clever and funny man and would probably have kicked Peter Hellyer's butt in Australia's Funniest Comedian, or any other time for that matter, but his alter ego, David Tench will need to improve or he'll end up like Russell Coight.

Moving right along, I'm getting sick of just how shocked I'm going to be, more shocked than I have ever been and I will have never seen anything like this, and just wait to see who dies 'cause I'm going to be so shocked, twisted and stunned by this week's unbelievable episode of Law and Order: SVU. It would seem that the most twisted and sick minds on the planet are currently in gainful employ writing for either Dick Wolf or Jerry Bruckheimer.

NCIS, which stands for "Not CSI" is one show I do watch occasionally and I quite enjoy the dynamic between the characters. The inherent problem with these shows is that there is probably enough unique crime in the world to fill one show. The original Law and Order didn't suffer this problem quite so much, but most of the other shows do. The problem is the shows are constantly trying to find the weird and crazy, sick and twisted, when the simple fact is that most serious crimes are pretty much the same. Horrible, yes, but not particularly original. In fact, forensic science is based on the premise that such nefarious activities are typically predictable if you know how to look.

Ok, now on to annoying adds that invent words because they think we are stupid enough to believe the crap they are pushing will somehow perform a miracle and transform us to look like either Brad Pitt or Angelina Jolie, take your pick. There is no such word as regenify or rehydrolate. Yet apparently these products can do these things, whatever the hell that is. I suppose if a product does nothing then it is appropriate to use a meaningless word to describe it. Oh well, some fools and their money are parting as we speak.

And why aren't there more tv shows with monkeys? Mr. Smith was some quality programming. And Leave It To Beaver? I never watched the show but I believe it was about a monkey who could swim. And who could forget that show with the whatsit and thingy? And the immortal and unintelligible Monkey! I'd like to see him loose in the Big Brother house.

Unfortunately I have to go but maybe I'll explain my issues with the current epidemic of celebrity worship.

Ciao!

Thought for the Day: Microwave your ice-cream. One standard bowl for 30 seconds on high. Just try it once and see if you like it. You can even use this experiment to justify having a bowl of ice-cream. I know I will.

No comments: