Thursday, August 03, 2006

I think I can safely say "Hi". There you go. Now I've said it. And several other words besides. I'm not really sure why. Things have obviously gotten a little out of hand and I need to calm down and take a breath. Ok. So, that's probably not a very confident start to a blog if ever I've seen one, and I have. You may have guessed I'm covering for my lack of anything to say. Only, I'm not doing very well, aside from the fact that I've just pointed it out. So I'll just get started on today's blog and perhaps forget about the whole "intro" part. You do the same. Please.

I'm going to pick on politicians because that is politically correct. In fact, I'm going to make up a few jokes about politicians.

Q: How many politicians does it take to screw in a lightbulb?
A: Two. One to poke the fork into the socket and the other to hold the metal ladder while standing in a puddle. Actually, the more standing in the puddle the better.

Q: What's the difference between a pig and a politician?
A: Eating a pig is something to look forward to.

Q: How do you save a politician from drowning?
A: The experiment is not yet complete.

Knock, knock!
Who's there?
A politicion!
Baboom!! (That's both barrels)

Q: What's the difference between a blonde and a politician?
A: Blonde jokes are no longer politically correct.

And finally, a new take on an old classic...

Q: How can you tell when a politician is lying?
A: By listening.


So, I hear you type, what's with the bitterness towards politicians? Actually, I don't really have any but I thought a couple of jokes would be good but there are so few minorities you can make fun of these days and nobody minds if you take down a few politicians or lawyers. In fact, I hear they actually may be legally hunted in some states. I had an idea for a reality television show where politicians have a televised debate and instead of a worm monitoring the relative strength of the various arguments, viewers can dial a 1900 number and "shock" the participants. The winner is whoever is left standing. I'd part with 55c to zap a polly. In fact, the show could be called "Zap-A-Polly".

Anyway, that will have to do for today. My brain isn't really working properly and that is probably obvious from the above gibberish. Actually, one of these days I should write EXACTLY what is in my head and then you will see what sort of challenges I face in typical day-to-day communication. And you may feel a little more sorry for DW. Think of it as a threat and a promise.

Ciao!

Thought for the Day: Wendell isn't really Bianca's father, and Marcell has stumbled on to the truth.

No comments: