Thursday, July 27, 2006

I guess I should start by apologizing for yesterday's blog. I was a little tired and a little grumpy. I should also apologize for today's blog because I'm even more tired and more grumpy. Sleep is the new black. I'm not sure what that means but it sounds trendy and chic, which I also don't understand. Anyway, the upside of not getting much sleep is it enhances my ability to tap into my inner rabbit and give myself over to free writing. Obviously I don't literally mean I have a rabbit inside me but rather something in my consciousness that is small and fluffy and likes to burrow and hop. And so I am reminded of the Glass House. Last night the Glass House (ABC TV) celebrated its 200th episode. This was pretty much lost on me because I have only seen about ten of them. I kept thinking, "What's all the fuss? I've only seen ten. You don't see me jumping up and down." Even if I had been jumping up and down, they wouldn't have seen me.

DW would have though. She watches me sometimes with that look of any-minute-now. Its like she expects me to slip over or drop something valuable. She gets even more worried when I actually pick something valuable up. She always makes sure I dress with pockets in case we go into an expensive store. Either that or I get to hold both kids, to keep my hands full.

The truth is, DW looks out for me. She is there when I need her. Like a couple of nights ago, when I had the worst nightmare I have had in years, DW was there. And had I woken her up and given her time to calm down, she would have given me the biggest hug ever, which she did the following day when I got back from work. I then told her what the nightmare was about and she hasn't slept since, such was her worry for me.

You may be wondering what this has to do with The Glass House and me being clumsy and to be honest, it has more to do with the inner rabbit, but I'm not sure how. Only, suffice it to say that had the rabbit and The Glass House featured in the nightmare, the sleep deprivation would have had less chance of affecting my mood and making me grumpy with celebrations with which I have no real understanding of because of lack of significant relevance to the manner in which DW and I choose to shop when with the kids because of potential breakages. I hope that clears things up.

Hopping a little to the left, Interest Rate Rises. Yes, the number of people interested in my blog has risen to six, marking the biggest rate increase since the last one. It stands to reason that I am no longer able to consider this just a personal indulgence and I must take stock of where I am headed and take responsibility for the enormity of the impact I am now having in the world. My thoughts and opinions, were they understandable or sensible, could actually influence other people, and that's a heavy burden. Its entirely possible that some of the reason my incoherence is such a feature is because I don't want to carry that load. I hide in my babbling so that no one has any real reason to take me seriously and I can't say anything controversial because everything is said tongue-in-cheek. Or it could be because my mind is full of rabbits.

Anyway, its time to say something important. Something people will listen to and say "Hmmm. You know, he has a point." I am going to break new ground here and actually do something useful with this blog. Only, as I write this, I can't think of anything. Ok, now I have something. I am going to comment on war. No, that's a little bit too big to start with. How about something closer to home, like the new Industrial Relations Laws? Ok, that's probably a little beyond me as well, at least for now. Relationships? DW would still have power of veto. Kids? Too many people already know what sort of parent I am. All right. Its obvious that I have no idea what to talk about and its like when someone asks you to test a microphone and you can't think of anything to say.

However, I am not going to give up that easily. I am going to issue a challenge to my loyal reader and the others that also read this blog. What would you like me to discuss? I can't guarantee I'll know much about the topic but I'll give it a go. Who knows, maybe I'll learn something. So feel free to make a comment or suggestion and I will endeavour to include it in a future blog. Don't worry, even if I don't get any suggestions, I will keep writing, because my head is still full of rabbits.

Ciao!

Thought for the Day: Has black ever been the new black?

No comments: