Sunday, April 23, 2006

Its been a couple of days since I last wrote and I blame lack of sleep. I haven't had time to scratch myself in the last couple of days and now that I have finally caught up on that, I can write a little bit and then try and catch up on the sleep.
Just a quick update on the garage cleanup - see, that didn't take long.
I've decided to write about the weather. Not because I couldn't think of anything and so I've gone the small talk route. I actually like Victoria's weather. Granted it is unpredictable, at least most of the time. We can have some pretty cold days in summer and some equally cold days in winter, sometimes even colder. Don't get me wrong. Winter is not my favourite time of year but that's because of the short days. My commute means I leave home in the dark and get home in the dark during winter and I can go for a whole week without seeing my house in daylight. I like my house. I like daylight. I like to see my house and daylight getting along. I could blame winter but I choose to blame my employer, whom I also believe to be responsible for the war in Iraq, global warming and the total lack of manners in teenagers.
Anyway. I know what you are thinking. "Anyway" really isn't a sentence in the strictest sense. Also, you may be wondering if and when I'm going to get back on track about the weather. I'm sorry for the digression but that teenager thing really rankles.
The weather. Also not a sentence but still a worthy topic. I like being reminded of the connection between distant locations by the weather. Wind and rain sweep across the landscape without any concern for the difficulties faced by those little people who forgot their umbrellas and are shielding themselves with a single sheet of newspaper. Oh how I laugh at those people and then run away. I always carry a compact umbrella with me which has some people thinking I am overly pleased to see them until I whip it out at the first drop of rain.
I should mention that I also like the heat of summer and the whole gamut between. However, I think the weather I like most is the cold, sunny days in winter. We actually get quite a few and I don't know what it is about that contrast but it makes me think of distant places and adventures and hot chocolate with marshmallows. I usually have to settle for the latter, but I can live with the that. Who knows, maybe one day I'll be running for my life in the streets of Marakesh just wishing I had a hot chocolate. You gotta love anything that lifts you up out of the ordinary and for me, today, that is the weather.

Ciao!

My thought for today is "duck". Not a lot happened today.

No comments: