Saturday, April 15, 2006

Ok, so I've missed one day already, but I had a very busy day yesterday and couldn't find five minutes to drop a note on the blog. Obviously that is just not true. Basically the times I COULD have done the blog were not convenient and I finally had some time last night but decided that it would be just rushed and pointless. But on reflection, that isn't actually a bad thing for a blog. Anyone who has a blog knows it serves the same purpose as a diary in so far as it can be very cathartic. Some people maintain a diary to record events of the day or remind themselves of how they felt at certain times.
Writing is a very simple way of channelling thoughts that can often be unkempt and disjoint. I do not wish to simple tell the world what I did today nor do I want this to be a little rant about how I feel. Those things may occur for whatever reason but they are not my motivation. I simply want to write. I like putting my thoughts down in some tangible form, though I do find my hand isn't so used to holding a pen as it once was. Perhaps as a writer I should feel a little embarrased by that but I don't.

No comments: