Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Hello. I know that's assuming a lot but I feel as if I can say that now. I'm not trying to be offensive or confrontational and I'm not even expecting a reply, though you may scratch your head if you need to. By that I mean, if you are puzzled. Obviously if your head is itchy, you should just go right ahead and scratch it, don't be waiting for me to give permission.

As not much has happened to me in the last couple of days, (except I ripped my favourite jeans but I'm not ready to talk about that yet - its ok, the only scars are emotional) I have decided to discuss current events. I have also realised that I really don't know what the hell is going on in the world anyway, so perhaps I should find out. Suddenly it all seems like hard work and so I'll just skip it if its all the same to you.

I remember posting a blog a little while back stating how much I love winter. Well, it turns out that I was being stupid. Winter is cold. And bleak. And did I mention cold? I am pretty damn cold at the moment. I have a cup of hot tea, which is helping, but it hasn't reached my toes. My nose is also cold. It has gone a little red. I know this because my boss did a double take when he saw me and said, "cold out?" Obviously he was making fun of my nose. Actually, having a cold nose can almost hurt. If DW reads this, she will be thinking that it must hurt me even more on account of the size of my nose.

You see, DW likes to tell me how big my nose is. I don't think my nose is particularly big but DW has tried to argue that we should be allowed to park in a handicapped zone, so she obviously does. Admittedly, there may be other reasons for that. Still, my nose may not be small, but it is in proportion to my head, a fact DW also like to point out, as if it is some sort of consolation. I have often wondered what a caricature of me would look like, but I'm a little afraid. Also, it may just kill DW from laughter.

I can feel my toes.

Being very cold can make me a little grumpy. I don't get grumpy all that often. I tend to get a little manic, difficult though that might be to believe. I also shouldn't have food with lots of colours. It doesn't make me go hyper or anything, its just that I'm very easily distracted. Shiny things are a problem as well. Ooohhh. Its ok. False alarm. Where was I?

My nose, or "dorsal fin" as DW likes to call it, is getting warmer. The tea is working. Its still a little cold but at least I am feeling a little more human than I did. I probably should have worn a jacket today. That might have helped. I usually don't like to wear a jacket until it is officially winter, which is in two days, so maybe tomorrow I'll have to be really cold again. At least its only one more day and then I can start wearing the jacket. Its a very nice jacket, all black and shiny and makes me look like Neo. Not too much like Neo, I don't want people to get confused.

Anyway, now that I have feeling in my limbs and my boss CLEARLY wants to talk to me about something, no doubt work related, like I haven't got anything better to do, I'd better go humour him. So, there you have it. My take on current events.

Ciao!

Thought for the day: I may have already said this but I like deja vu.

No comments: